Monday, January 10, 2011

Beneath the Surface of Contagion

Beneath the surface, the cancer lies; and with a smile I've deceived your eyes.  Upon the surface, the bandage placed; the skin of the apple thus ready to taste. Despite such a dressing, the nether decays; must mend from the inside. Renounce the malaise. Along a furrow travelled so deep and long, redemption reigns... within a song. Blood travels thickened through days long and cold; the Hydra will prosper when she's uncontrolled.  Despite my amusement, you continue misled; your search for an answer remains in my head. Before abiding lights return again so wise, reality must first materialize.

Beneath the surface of contagion, that blight retains its grip on me.  Upon the surface of contagion, I will rise once more, I'll ascend again - be free!  Like the Phoenix, I'll be free. This thing won’t bury me. Like the Phoenix, I'll rise free. 

When loves lifting powers they seem to embrace, time proves the victor each time they’re displaced.  When positioned to pierce its infirmity, disorder drops coldly to dishearten me.  And yet again the brightness that I yearn may one day end the sequence; forbidden to return.

Beneath the surface of contagion; that blight retains its grip on me.  Upon the surface of contagion; I will rise once more, I'll ascend again be free!  Like the Phoenix, I'll be free. This thing won’t bury me. Like the Phoenix, I'll rise free.

No comments:

Post a Comment